Monday, May 30, 2005

Two More Days

Have you been checking out the prices for All-Star Game Tickets? Well, I have. It ain't pretty. I expected to pay a premium, but over $1,000 per ticket? Sorry, but as much as I want to go, that isn't going to happen.

In light of this, I did put my name into Major League Baseball's raffle for tickets. No, the odds of winning such a lottery are not good. However, I am rather optimistic about winning. I have no specific reason for such naive thinking, I just feel like I've got a good chance.

MLB's raffle offers the "winners" an opportunity to purchase a strip of tickets. Each strip contains a ticket to the Fan Fest, All-Star Sunday (featuring the prospects game and the celebrity softball contest), Workout Day featuring the Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game itself.

There were only two ticket prices. One around $280, the other closer to $390. I'm sure the $280 version are the Uecker seats. And in Comerica Park, the Uecker seats may actually be closer to Uecker's Milwaukee than Detroit. The nearly four hundred dollar package is much closer, I'm sure. They may even be in Wayne County.

However, as my options appeared to be (not) paying $1,000 to see just the All-Star Game or (possibly) paying four hundred or less to get to go all the events, it wasn't that difficult a decision to sign-up for the raffle.

Now, if you are still reading this, you are probably wondering what about this "Two More Days" stuff? The lottery winners will be contacted Wednesday. If I win (and why wouldn't I?), I will know in two more days. Then, I have until Friday to purchase whichever ticket MLB has chosen for me.

What if the unexpected happens and I fail to win? I'll start searching for Plan B in two more days.

No comments: