Monday, June 13, 2005

College World Series Field Set

I only managed to correctly guess three of the eight teams to make the trip to Omaha. I got Texas, Tulane and Nebraska right. Baylor, Tennessee, Florida, Arizona State and Oregon State round out the CWS field and make me look silly, as usual. (In my defense, I did get 12 of the 16 teams from the opening rounds correctly.)

I'm happily wrong about Oregon State, as I tend to root for schools in the north. I'm really annoyed about ASU because when I initially reviewed the brackets, I liked the Sun Devils chances. However, the big media boys filled my tiny brain with all the pro-Fullerton talk and basically talked me out of picking ASU entirely. AZ State didn't even get a mention in my tournament preview post. I'm glad Arizona State is headed for Nebraska, but I wish I would have picked them. Further proof that I am not very smart.

(A note to Detroit Tigers fans: Arizona State's CWS appearance means we can all get a look at draft choice Jeff Larish. The Sun Devils firstbaseman will probably be in the Tigers farm system when ASU's run is over.)

I'm still predicting a Tulane triumph, but I'm rooting for Oregon State to do well.

For information regarding the CWS use these links:

NCAA Baseball
CWS Omaha.com

No comments: