Sunday, August 22, 2004

Lions Diary

The Honolulu Blue and Silver played a game against the Cleveland Browns Saturday afternoon, but, truth be told, I didn't see it. I actually do step away from my television and internet connection occasionally. Sometimes, I am away from both for hours and that was the case Saturday. Rest assured, being the geek I am, I did have my radio on.

Now, I didn't hear much, as I was in and out of my vehicle, so I can't make any definitive statements. Here is what it sounded like to me: The special teams coverage is not very special. That's two weeks in a row. Once is a coincidence, twice is a trend. Three times is a pattern and you've got problems.

The first team offense, especially the Joey Harrington to Charles Rogers combo, is improving. Kevin Jones got in and showed some spark. (I guess sounded like a spark is more appropriate.) It's time to get Roy Williams the ball, though, isn't it? He gone two games without a pass. That just seems odd.

The D is still a question mark. I heard OLB James Davis got hurt. I'm not sure if it's serious, but if they lose Davis, with Boss Bailey already on the shelf, that's not a good thing. The defensive backfield continues to nurse injuries, but 3/4 of them should be ready for Chicago on the Opening Week.

I'm still typical optimistic about the team, but I'm 8-8 optimistic, not 12-4 optimistic.

No comments: