Sunday, March 06, 2005

Is A Trade Brewing?

Detroit News writer Lynn Henning suggests that the Tigers may be on the verge of making a trade. Maybe a rather significant one at that. I have to agree. The Tigers have a surplus of pitchers and outfielders. For a change, some of the Tigers spare parts might actually be coveted by another organization.

I'll let you review Henning's observations, but I fully expect the Tigers to swing a deal before Opening Day. I concur with Henning that the deal could even be a pretty big one. That would make the 2005 Tigers very, very fun to follow.

As an aside, I saw Peter Gammons on ESPNEWS this afternoon. When asked what four teams improved the most this winter, Gammons listed the Tigers at number three. The others? Mets, Orioles and Cardinals.

No comments: