Sunday, March 06, 2005

Lions Diary

Back-to-back editions of my blog within a blog, Lions Diary?!?!? And it's the off-season. I need help. I must have some strange Honolulu Blue addiction. Anyway, I assume most of you have heard or seen that Kurt Warner has opted for Arizona. Did anyone else breath a sigh of relief or was that just me?

I could be wrong for the two millionth time, but Warner is a shell of his MVP self. So many bad things happen when Warner fades back in the pocket now, that if Don Coryell were his coach, he would have run on every down.

Warner seems to get sacked or fumble or both on about 40% of his pass plays. That doesn't count for his inability to throw accurately anymore, either. The thought of him with Detroit just didn't sit well with me. It was so bad, that I actually preferred Jeff Garcia over Warner.

One of the remaining mediocre free agent quarterbacks is probably going to be our starter sometime next year. We can now eliminate Warner's name from that list. That bumps Garcia and Brad Johnson to the top of the list. It's got to be Garcia, doesn't it?

No comments: