Tuesday, March 15, 2005

OU Wins!

Yeah, it's only a stinking play-in game, but Oakland University beat Alabama A & M tonight, 79-69. I think it's pretty cool. The national media coverage has been fun, too. I just watched the post-game wrap on ESPNEWS. Amazing to think of an OU game being that big a story nationwide. What's better is that they won.

Now, my school plays my all-time favorite college basketball program, North Carolina. I have little doubt the 'Heels will win and probably by a very large number, but it's a bit unpleasant for me to root against UNC. However, this is what I suspect those at OU dreamed of when jumping to Division I.

Regardless of the outcome of their next game, those of us who care have to hope that the Golden Grizzlies can take advantage of this attention and become the best hoops program in the Mid-Con. There is really no reason not to.

No comments: