Monday, September 06, 2004

B.B. Baker's Dozen

Combining my love of baked goods and college football, here is the Beyond Boxscores Baker's Dozen (that's thirteen for you low carb zealots) after the first week of gridiron action. Enjoy this over the doughnut of your choice.

1. Southern Cal-A solid, if unspectacular, win away from home.
2. Oklahoma-If they run like this all year they will be #1 in January.
3. LSU-A scare at home.
4. Georgia-Another less than impressive start for a top 5 team.
5. Florida State-Can Rix lead the Seminoles to a win Friday?
6. Miami-Can Berlin lead the 'Canes to a win Friday?
7. Michigan-Could be a QB controversy forthcoming.
8. Texas-Benson looked Heisman-like.
9. Ohio State-If Zwick plays this well all season OSU will move up.
10. Utah-Smith would get my Week One Heisman vote.
11. Florida-I like Chris Leak.
12. West Virginia-Good team, terrible conference.
13. Iowa-Probably a Big Ten bias vote on my part. Hey, I'm honest.

No comments: