Sunday, November 07, 2004

B.B. Baker's Dozen

The big boys sure did get a scare Saturday. However, they managed to win and there is very little movement in my top 13. One change I predicted a week ago, as Boise State has managed to make my poll. Sure, if they played Miami or Florida State they would probably lose, but I just couldn't bring myself to rank either the 'Canes or 'Noles again.

1. Southern Cal- No rain, no snow, no fog stops the Trojans.
2. Oklahoma- A&M almost got the revenge they seeked. Almost.
3. Utah- Smith put this game away early.
4. Auburn- Georgia is next on the schedule.
5. Georgia- Tuned up for Auburn with UK drubbing.
6. Texas- Another scare, but UT rallied to smush Oklahoma State.
7. California- Bears had their hands full, but won.
8. Wisconsin- Still look Rose Bowl bound.
9. Michigan- Bye week before Northwestern.
10. Louisville- Memphis couldn't do it, again.
11. West Virginia- Temple? Well, it still counts.
12. Viriginia- The return of the Cavs.
13. Boise State- Why not?

As an aside- My Heisman ballot would look like this today: 1) Peterson, Oklahoma. 2) Edwards, Michigan. 3) White, Oklahoma. 4) Smith, Utah. 5) TBD. Probably Leinart, USC.

No comments: