Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Edmonds A Hall of Famer?

Just before the playoffs began, I was chatting with a friend about Jim Edmonds' chances at the Hall of Fame. It's not something I had given much thought too, but I read someone else assert that Edmonds had a legitimate chance at 500 homers and that got me thinking about it. Even with slightly less than 500 dingers, Edmonds has been posting some strong numbers besides being one of the best defensive centerfielders ever. That would certainly make him HOF material, in my opinion, anyway.

Rich Lederer, at Rich's Weekend Baseball Beat, provides us with more evidence that Edmonds is indeed in rare company. Rich believes Edmonds may be the eighth best centerfielder of the 20th century. Looking at his numbers, that's difficult to argue.

No comments: