Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Guillen's Return?

There has been some talk that the Detroit Tigers may try to get Carlos Guillen back in the lineup before the season ends. My question is "Why?". It's seems to me like Guillen's biggest problem is that he hasn't rested enough this year. (I know that's hard to believe with as much as Alan Trammell gets criticized for resting his players.)

Every time he returns, he's forced out of the lineup, again. Most everyone thought his injury was serious enough that it would be over a year to heal. It's probably just this side of amazing that Guillen gave the Tigers anything at all in '05.

I think the team should let him rest, continue a light workout schedule, and come back strong for next year. Maybe I'm wrong. We all know it wouldn't be the first time.

1 comment:

Ian C. said...

I agree. Cue the Stoney & Wojo drop: "Shut it down!"

Guillen's got nothing left to prove this season.