Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Maggs And Pudge Want Out?

Terry Foster is saying that both Magglio Ordonez and Pudge Rodriguez want out of Detroit pronto. Foster appears to have been accurately portraying Rodriguez' role with the team for weeks, long before anyone else, so let's assume he's right on this. What does it say if Maggs and Pudge both ask to be traded this off-season?

I'm not sure I even want to ponder that question. The mere thought that the Tigers two highest paid players, both nailing down ten million or more a year, neither having spent more than two seasons here, are no longer able to stomach the baseball in Motown makes me a bit queasy, too.

1 comment:

Ian C. said...

I bet Dombrowski could get Omar Minaya to pick up one of those guys...

But I'm not sure which player makes me more unhappy. Pudge's petulant, near-sabotaging behavior is infuriating. But Maggs hasn't even been here for a full season. And he wants out? That's just... mind-numbing to me.