Monday, September 12, 2005

Looking For Inside Information

Hey, you.

Yeah, you. Come here. Anybody follow you here?

No? Good. Do you know anything about hockey?

Ssshh. Type more quietly. See, I need a little inside information about the NHL.

No, I'm not trying to win a Pulitzer Prize. I'm trying to win my fantasy league.

Can you win a Pulitzer with a blog entry? Really, can you?

Ooops. Sorry, I strayed there for a minute. Look, I've never done real well in my fantasy hockey leagues. I want that to change. So, I need you to give me some advice on who to draft.

Now, I know Joe Thornton and Martin St. Louis. The big guns are not an issue. What I am looking for is someone who can tell me what second and third year guys are about to explode onto the scene. Or even the rookie that's going to go crazy in his inaugural campaign.

As none of you are in my league, I can trust you. So, if you have any insight on which players may become household names, even if it's only in my house, I'd appreciate the help. Feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments section. Or email me.

Thanks for the assistance. Let's keep this conversation between us, o.k.? Oh, one more thing before you go. You know anything about international soccer? See, I can sign up for this UEFA fantasy league.

No comments: