Saturday, October 09, 2004

Lions Diary

I haven't had much to say about the Honolulu Blue and Silver, but the boys had last week off and there's been a ton of other sporting events to keep my short attention span occupied. However, tomorrow the Lions lineup against the Atlanta Falcons. Some in town, and many across the land, think the Falcons are in a prime spot to cream Detroit. Maybe I'm a homer, maybe too darn ignorant, or both, but I'm just not too worried about ATL.

Let's have one understanding, though. Michael Vick scares everyone. That includes me, but I'm still not overly impressed by his teammates. Sure, the Lions have way too many injuries to name and they are probably an 8-8 team in the making, but I still think they've got a chance Sunday. Again, it could just be I'm plain crazy, but I don't see why the Lions are so inferior to ATL.

A Falcons win won't surprise me. Neither will a Lions "W".

No comments: