Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Tiger Ties The Knot

Unless you've been on the moon over the last week, you may have heard something about Tiger Woods getting married. Apparently, the third ranked golfer in the world did indeed tie the knot Tuesday. I would like to wish Tiger and his wife, Elin, a long, happy and healthy life together. (I'm still trying to figure out a gift.)

I'd also like to thank the couple for actually getting married, thus ending relentless speculation about their impending nuptials. The sports media acted more like The Star or People magazine at thought of golf's top attraction marrying. I had grown weary of the coverage. So what? A golfing legend gets married to his longtime girlfriend? This is sports news? If it got any coverage at all, and I respect the Woods' desire for privacy, it should have been from E! not ESPN. Yet, there it was each day in my morning sports section.

Thankfully, Tiger and Elin are married and the rumors and coverage of their marriage can now be replaced by actual sport stories. Maybe something more important to sports fans? Like Ontario Hockey League scores.

No comments: