Sunday, October 03, 2004

MLB Playoff Predictions

Borrowing a notion from the Heels, Sox and Steelers blog, this loser is going to try and pick some baseball winners. I have little chance of being correct, even as a baseball geek, but here goes.

I like the New York Yankees over the Minnesota Twins. The Yanks pitching does have problems, but can the Twins get wins out of anyone other than Johan Santana? I like Brad Radke, but Gary Sheffield, Jorge Posada, Derek Jeter (remember when he was so awful in April?) and Alex Rodriguez can pound the baseball. Even if Yankee starters falter, they should be able to hit their way to a series win.

My head says take Anaheim. They are on fire and just put away Oakland's fine starting rotation. However, my heart thinks Boston is going to find a way to win. The key is Pedro Martinez. I assume Curt Schilling will win his starts, so if the Sox #2 starter can pitch like his former #1 self, the Red Sox will advance. If not, this will go the limit and then either team can win. Obviously, I think Pedro will pitch well.

In the National League, I'll take St. Louis over Los Angeles. I have no idea how L.A. got here, but I do feel they will push the Cards. Why? Because they have defied logic all year. What's another week or two? St. Louis should have enough offense to batter the Dodgers starters and thus avoid facing Eric Gagne.

I'm going with Houston over Atlanta. I love what the Braves have done this year. I can't say a Braves win would surprise me, but I just like the Astros right now. Of course, I hate their chances in mid-August, but it's not August anymore.

There you have my first round guesses. It will be another Yankees vs. Red Sox ALCS and Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS. Guessing a World Series match-up from this, I'll take Boston versus Houston. If I'm not right, it won't be the first time.

2 comments:

Kainito said...

I think getting Ghosts good information ผีดุ on the site is a great benefit to be able to continue.

sbobet ทางเข้า said...

This website is a good place to gather sbobet thai lots of people to talk and exchange knowledge.