Monday, November 28, 2005

In Happier Football News

The Edmonton Eskimos won the Grey Cup yesterday, 38-35. I'm an old Eskimos fan--when people mention Warren Moon, I recall his Alberta days before his NFL time. Of course, I can remember his college career at Washington, but many Michigan fans can as well.

While QB Ricky Ray was the game's MVP, I also give a tip of the cap to Jason Maas. Maas, Ray's back-up, pitched relief for Ray in the Eskimos prior two playoff contests and led Edmonton to victories. Maas, unfortunately, will probably now be dealt to Hamilton, but no Eskimo fan should pass up the opportunity to congratulate Maas. Without him, Edmonton doesn't even play for the Grey Cup.

Sunday night's championship game went into double overtime, I can honestly do without that much drama, but it made for great television. A little good news from the gridiron for this blogger was appreciated.

No comments: